Rigby Group Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Rigby Building Contractors Ltd (t/a Rigby Construction) and Rigby Electrical Ltd (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Rigby”) is committed to conducting its operations in such a way as to ensure that the interests of those affected, including clients, employees, the community and the environment, are reflected in its policies and activities in a positive way.
In order to achieve these objectives, Rigby has adopted a business model based on the principles of:
- An ethical approach to its dealings with other members of the business community.
- A zero tolerance on acts or omissions that are illegal or immoral.
- Equality of opportunity across all aspects of its business operations.
- Engagement with and support for local communities.
- The development and maintenance of an environmentally responsible culture across all of its business operations
Rigby is proud of the relationships it has built up with its clients over a number of years and looks forward to the opportunity of forming new relationships in the future, based on its high standards for a professional, ethical and legal approach to business dealings.
All applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct and statements of best practice, especially those relating to Health and Safety, are strictly adhered to, providing clients and potential clients with confidence in the management processes and procedures which support the services Rigby provides.
Rigby strives to provide an inclusive and supportive environment for all its employees, where they are treated fairly and with respect. In furtherance of these aims, Rigby is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity across all aspects of its business operation.
Rigby makes every effort to prevent discrimination or other unfair treatment against its employees on the grounds of race, gender, marital status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation or responsibilities for dependants.
By providing regular training, staff appraisals and opportunities for personal development, Rigby encourages all employees to achieve their full potential.
Rigby is fortunate enough to be able to support a number of charities and local community initiatives. This ranges from individual members of staff volunteering with local organisations to making charitable donations at Christmas and on other occasions.
- In particular, Rigby has recently:
Funded a trip to the Isle of Man for a group of under-privileged children from a local school.
- Made an annual donation to a local hospice.
- Matched the amount raised by employees during a Macmillan coffee morning Become a sponsor of a local charitable 5k fun run
In addition to the above, Rigby supports the local community by employing local residents whenever possible. It also provides the opportunity to all members of staff to be involved in local volunteering for up to twenty hours per year, on full pay.
Rigby is committed to reducing its impact on the environment through the adoption of a programme of continual improvement.
Rigby operates in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and strives to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all it does.
- Promote environmental awareness among its employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re- furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products
- Strive to continually improve its environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of its activities
In addition to this Corporate Social Responsibility Policy, further information regarding the Companies commitments and values can be found in the following policies, copies of which are available upon request:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Modern Slavery Policy
- Anti Bribery and Corruption
- Policy Environmental Policy
Rigby’s Corporate Social Responsibility Policy will be subject to regular review and amendment as often as may be appropriate.
January 2021, reviewed January 2022